1. BOROUGH ORDINANCE NO. 0-01-3: No parking on Borough streets from NOVEMBER 15 to MARCH 15 during the hours of 2:00 A.M. and 5:00 A.M. when roads are snow covered.
BOROUGH ORDINANCE NO. 267: Garage Sale Permits. Fee $5.00 -- two per year.
BOROUGH ORDINANCE NO. 386: Any person who desires to own, operate, lease or maintain an alarm system in the Borough of West Long Branch shall file a registration application in writing with the Chief of Police of the Borough of West Long Branch on the form provided by the Police Department.
BOROUGH ORDINANCE NO. 0-94-17: Garbage cans/recycling containers shall be placed out at curb no earlier than 4:00 P.M. on the day before pickup or after 6:00 A.M. on pickup day and taken in by 8:00 P.M. on the day of pickup.
2. DOG LICENSES: Licenses are due every year by January 31, after which date a fine of $1.00 per month to April 30. On May 1, dog license penalty fee is $10.00. The fee for non- neutered/spayed is $15.00 and for neutered/spayed $12.00. Rabies certification is required.
3. BUILDING DEPARTMENT: C.O. required for occupancy of residential property. Building permits are required for all construction.
4. HALLOWEEN: Halloween Curfew for all persons under 18 years. October 29, 30 and 31 -- 8:30 P.M. to 6:00 A.M.
5. CHRISTMAS SING: Christmas Sing always the Sunday before Christmas at 5:00 P.M. In case of inclement weather, held in Fire Company No. 1.
6. SOLICITING: Any person soliciting at your door must present a Borough license when you request same.
7. WEST LONG BRANCH MANDATORY RECYCLING: Newspaper, mixed paper, glass bottles and jars, aluminum beverage containers, tin and bi-metal cans and leaves must be separated from garbage and placed separately at curbside for pick- up on the scheduled recycling days. Newspaper, mixed paper, glass bottles and jars, aluminum beverage containers and tin and bi-metal cans may be brought to Department of Public Works (corner Monmouth Road and Cedar Avenue) during posted hours. Demolition materials (concrete, asphalt, stumps, large tree parts, pallets, clean lumber, and asphalt shingles) must be separated from garbage and taken to a recyclar of these materials by the contractor doing the work and/or the owner, leases or occupant of the property. Demolition materials shall not be placed at curbside for pickup by the Borough. Dry cell batteries must be separated from garbage and deposited in designated recycling containers at Borough Hall. (Ord. No. 0-99-8)
8. COLLECTION OF BRUSH, TREE LIMBS, LEAVES AND OTHER VEGETATION: The Borough will collect brush and tree limbs, maximum 6' in diameter, in accordance with the West Long Branch Public Works Department residential pick-up schedule.Garden prunings, hedge clippings, weeds, twigs, vines, etc. shall be bagged (maximum 25 lbs.) or put in garbage containers at curbside for regular garbage collection day. Grass clippings shall not be placed for garbage at curb for collection either loose or in bags or containers or mixed with household or commercial trash. Contractors, landscapers, or tree experts performing services shall remove their debris (ex. brush, shrubs, tree limbs). Only loose leaves shall be placed at curbside for pickup in accordance with the West Long Branch Public Works Department residential pick-up schedule.
9. COLLECTION OF BULK ITEMS: Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners and dehumidifiers will not be collected. All other appliances and other metal of various types shall be placed at curbside for pickup during the fourth week of the month. Furniture, rugs and carpet shall be placed at curbside on the second garbage pickup day. Rugs and carpet shall be rolled and cut in 4' lengths. Tires (limit of one) may be put out on the second garbage pickup each week. Auto batteries shall not be placed at curbside for garbage collection or bulk pickup. Building materials and old lumber from any new or old building construction or building reconstruction (whether the building may have been torn down in whole or in part) shall be removed by the property owner or his contractor. Such materials are not to be placed at curbside for Borough pickup.
All items are to be placed curbside -- NOT ON SIDEWALKS OR IN THE STREET.
ANYONE DUMPING DEBRIS OF ANY KIND ALONG STREETS OR ON PROPERTY NOT OWNED BY THEM SHALL BE SUBJECT TO A FINE OF UP TO $500.00.