Code Enforcement Officer
West Long Branch, NJ 07764
Telephone: (732) 229-1756, ext. 115
Our mission is to attain compliance with Borough ordinances regarding property maintenance, zoning laws, noise, maintenance of structures and premises through education, cooperation, enforcement and abatement to improve the quality of life for our town.
Potential violations are discovered through citizen complaints, referrals from other agencies, and inspector observations. Once a complaint is filed, an investigator visits the site and confirms that a code violation is present. Then the investigator will send a Notice of Violation to the property owners. The owner will have a set amount of time to correct the violation. If property owners does not comply, the Code Enforcement Officer will issue summons with a mandatory appearance in the West Long Branch Municipal Court.
Common code violations include:
• Garbage cans left or placed out to early.
• Parking vehicles on grass or other places not designated for parking.
• Inoperable or unregistered motor vehicles.
• Trash and debris
• Overgrown grass over 12 inches
• Grass clippings or dirt placed in roadway
• Contractor signs on residential properties
• Swimming pools over 24 inches without a fence
• Broken fences
• No house or building numbers
• Contractor/Landscaper placing brush, tree or shrubs to the curb
Concerned citizens are encouraged to telephone Borough Hall at 732-229-1756 to file a complaint.
Click on link below for WLB Revised General Ordinances.
Scroll to Chapter XX for Property Maintenance Code